|Profit before tax1||354||350||1|
|Profit before tax statuatory2||217||233||(7)|
|Dividend per share||22.0||19.95||10|
|Earnings per share total operations|
|Earnings per share continuing operations|
|Free cash flow||268||189||41|
- Group revenue from continuing operations fell to £1,681 million, a 3% decrease. Profit before tax1 of £354 million was up 1%.
- Electronic broking revenue of £301 million produced an operating profit1 of £127 million.
- Post trade risk and information revenue rose to £208 million and produced an operating profit1 of £91 million.
- Electronic, post trade risk and information contributed 59% of operating profit1.
- The Group's operating profit1 margin remained at 22%.
- EPS (basic) reduced from 28.7p to 21.1p; EPS (adjusted basic) increased by 1% to 40.1p.
- Free cash flow3 of £268 million (2011 - £189 million). Net debt4 reduced to £82 million (2011 - £161 million) after paying £135 million in dividends.
- The directors recommend a final dividend of 16.00p per ICAP share, which will be paid on 20 July 2012. The full-year dividend will be 22.00p compared with 19.95p per share in 2010/11, an increase of 2.05p.
- From continuing operations before acquisition and disposal costs and exceptional items.
- From continuing operations, total statutory profit before tax for the year including acquisition and disposal costs of £137 million.
- Net cash flow from operating activities adjusted for capital expenditure, dividends received from associates and investments and cash from operations relating to non-controlling interests.
- Cash and cash equivalents less long-term and short-term borrowings.